QUINOA & ALMOND TARTS
- 1/2 cup almond flour
-1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- chilled water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
Mix both flours and coconut oil, adding water tablespoon at a time until a dough is formed.
- Press dough into muffin tins greased with coconut oil.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Fill with desired fillings! (We used hummus, roasted vegetables and tomatoes.
MARINATED TEMPEH, BUCKWHEAT NOODLES AND VEGETABLE STIR FRY
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 cup cooked buckwheat noodles( cooked as per packet instructions)
- 100g Tempeh
- Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp tamari
- Cut Tempeh into 1/2 inch thick small blocks.
Mix turmeric, chilli powder, tamari and seasoning to taste, with the tempeh. Let sit.
Stir fry the pepper and spinach in 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Bake on a non-stick oven-safe tray for 12-15 minutes. Then flip and back for a further 10 minutes.
- Combine the tempeh, vegetables and noodle and serve!
INSTAPOT SWEET POTATO STEW
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 4 carrots
- 2-3 artichokes
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat pasta
- 1 cup soaked barley
- 1 pint water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- Chilli flakes
- (optional) Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Place all ingredients except the pasta into the Instapot ( or a pressure cooker)
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to packet instructions
Once the vegetables have cooked, add to the pasta.