I am very creative in the kitchen and I like to create meals that are quick, nutritious and delicious which is how I encourage my clients to cook. I want to demonstrate to clients that eating healthy can be easy and fun at the same time. Being organised with the ingredients you need is the key to a sustainable lifestyle change. Try out some to the recipes and see for your self how eating healthy doesn't needed to a difficult task.
- 1/2 banana ( sliced)
- Handful of mulberries
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 5-7 raspberries ( can sub for any berry of choice)
- Hemp or ground flaxseeds
- 1 cup oats
- 2 cups milk ( I use plant-based)
- Cook the oats and milk over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Meanwhile add the raspberries to a saucepan with 1 tbsp of water until the berries are soft and no more water remains in the pan.
Spoon porridge into 2 bowls. Top with all other ingredients. Enjoy!
This is a great filling and nutritious recipie if you have leftover brown rice from lunch or dinner from the previous night.
- Fresh fruit
- 1 tbsp of Sunflower seeds
- A handful of nuts
- Chia seeds
- 1/4 cup brown rice
- 3 tbsp Granola
- Maple syrup (to taste)
- Plant based milk
- Cook brown rice as per the packet ingredients
- Mix with warmed plant based milk and maple syrup and pour into a bowl
- Top with rest of ingredients
Avocado and crab on sourdough
- 4 tbsp pre-cooked crabmeat
- 1/2 avocado (smashed)
- 1/2 handful of coriander
- A squeeze of lime juice
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- Olive oil
- Toast the bread and brush with oil.
- Spread the crab and avocado on the bread.
- Top with coriander, lime juice and seasoning to taste.
- 2 cups oats
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup almonds (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup pecans (halved)
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts ( roughly chopped)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup ( or raw honey)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius
Combine all ingredients. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until toasted and golden.
Quinoa and Almond Tart
- 1/2 cup almond flour
-1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- chilled water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
Mix both flours and coconut oil, adding water tablespoon at a time until a dough is formed.
- Press dough into muffin tins greased with coconut oil.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Fill with desired fillings! (We used hummus, roasted vegetables and tomatoes.
Instant Sweet Potato Stew
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 4 carrots
- 2-3 beetroot
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat pasta
- 1 cup soaked & washed barley
- 1 pint water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- Chilli flakes
- (optional) Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Place all ingredients except the pasta into the Instapot (or a pressure cooker)
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to packet instructions
Once the vegetables have cooked, add to the pasta.
Garnish with fresh mint leaves. Enjoy!
Marinated Tempeh and veg stir fry with Buckwheat Noodles
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 cup cooked buckwheat noodles( cooked as per packet instructions)
- 100g Tempeh
- Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp tamari
- Cut Tempeh into 1/2 inch thick small blocks.
Mix turmeric, chilli powder, tamari and seasoning to taste, with the tempeh. Let sit for at least 15 mins.
-Stir fry the pepper and spinach in 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Bake tempeh on an oven-safe tray for 12-15 minutes. Then flip and back for a further 10 minutes.
- Combine the tempeh, vegetables and noodle, and serve!
Sweet Potato & Raspberry Brownies (9 Squares)
- 1 small sweet potato ( 110g)
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 30g oat flour
- 15g Almond flour
-1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4tsp baking powder
- 2 dates
- 2 tsp honey/ maple syrup
- 1/2 small banana
- Pinch of salt
- 6 raspberries
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius
- Line a medium sized oven tray with baking paper
- Peel and cook the sweet potato until fully cooked through and soft
- Add all ingredients to a blender except the rapsberries
- Pour the brownie mix into the lined pan.
- Cut the raspberries into half and poke into the brownie mix at regular intervals
- Bake for 25-30 minutes
- Let it sit for 15 minutes before cutting into squares.
Banana nice cream
- 1 cup frozen banana
- Desired toppings ( eg shaved dark chocolate, lime oil, dessicated coconut etc. )
- Blend bananas. This will take a few minutes. If you dont have a very high- speed blender, let the bananas defrost for 5-10 minutes
- Top with desired toppings
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 2/4 tsp salt ( I use Pink Himalayan)
- 2/3 cup soft brown sugar
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 5 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla paste ( or extract)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Mix all ingredients together except the chocolate until fully combined.
- Then fold in the chocolate chunks
- Freeze mixture for 30 minutes
- Roll into balls and lightly press.
- Cook for 11 minutes.
Coconut Chocolate Chai
Delicious served with a vegan chocolate chip cookie OR can be blended with ice instead for an iced chai latte!
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 medium cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp grated ginger (or 1 tsp ground ginger)
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tea bag
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan over a medium heat until well combined and hot.
- Press the teabag with the back of a spoon to release maximum flavour.
- Make sure to not let the milk boil
- Strain and enjoy!