Is your blood pressure under 120/80mmHg? If you don’t know your numbers, here’s why it really matters.
· According to Blood Pressure UK (the Blood Pressure Association), every day in the UK, 350 people have a stroke or heart attack that could have been prevented.
· 1 in 2 strokes and heart attacks are the result of high blood pressure.
· 1 in 2 adults with high blood pressure don’t know they have it or aren’t receiving treatment.
· 6 million people in the UK alone have high blood pressure and don’t know it.
· £2.1 billion – that’s how much high blood pressure costs the NHS every year.
When you know your numbers you are then able to take steps to get yours back in control if you need to.
Check out Blood Pressure UK for more information.
So do you know your numbers?